What's new in the TV industry today...
Our roundup of the TV industry news and insights you need to know, including:
- Beyond our update on ATSC 3.0, the new broadcast standard was also getting attention this week when LG announced its new television sets won’t include ATSC 3.0 tuners due to rising costs from patent disputes. If other TV manufacturers follow suit, this could push back the full adoption of ATSC 3.0 even further as Antenna Man suggests in his latest video.
- Amazon announced two new Fire TV streaming sticks this week, which provide better performance, improved connectivity and in the case of the 4K MAX model, more storage for apps.
- NFL fans will get to watch more Monday Night Football games with an antenna this year as ABC will simulcast games from its sister network ESPN, over the air.
- Hollywood writers have agreed to a new contract which means late-night and daytime talk shows will soon return to production. But until the actors’ guild reaches its own deal, TV or movie stars are unlikely to appear on shows like Saturday Night Live.
- Amazon Prime Video is the latest streaming service to ask you to pay more for a commercial-free experience.
- A couple of fresh reviews of the new 4th generation Tablo also came out this week. You can check them out on TechCrunch and Forbes.
Not subscribed to our newsletter? Enter your email address below so you can Stay Tuned!