What's new in the TV industry today...
Our roundup of the TV industry news and insights you need to know, including:
- TV writer/producer/developer Norman Lear, the driving force behind groundbreaking shows such as All In the Family and Sanford and Son, has died. CBS will honor him with a prime-time special airing tonight at 8 p.m. ET.
- Wondering how to watch some of Lear’s classic programs? If you can’t pick up networks like Antenna TV, Rewind TV and Get TV which air tons of Lear programming with your TV antenna and Tablo, Cord Cutters News has details on where to stream them.
- 5 million DirecTV customers in markets across the country are missing NBC or CBS affiliates due to a dispute with station owners, Tegna. Thankfully consumers with over-the-air TV antennas can enjoy blackout-free access to local channels.
- The folks at Digital Trends rated the new 4th generation Tablo an 8/10, gave it a ‘recommended product’ seal and also shared an informative head-to-head comparison with HDHomerun for TV fans considering both products.
- Walmart has released a new budget streaming stick under its house brand ONN. At just $15 it could make a great stocking stuffer for TV fans.
- If you’re planning to give the gift of free TV with Tablo this year, make sure to get your orders in before December 14th so your DVR arrives before the big day.
Not subscribed to our newsletter? Enter your email address below so you can Stay Tuned!