Happy (Black) Friday, cord cutters!
We've made a list of the best Black Friday deals so you don't have to sort through them yourself.
Also: Q&A on streaming CNBC, short cuts, tons of must-see OTA TV, and more.
As always, if you know of someone who might need some insight or help with cutting the cord on cable or satellite, please forward our newsletter, or use the handy share buttons at the top of this email.
OK... now let's get to it!
DEALS > The Best Black Friday Discounts for Cord Cutters
Black Friday is one of the best times for cord cutters to score deals on gear and services. Here are the best money-saving promos we could find:
What Black Friday deals have you picked up this year? Tell us via Facebook or Twitter.
Q&A > How Can I Stream CNBC?
This week's question comes from Dennis who says, "Is there a way to watch CNBC financial programs such as Mad Money and The Exchange for free?"
Several folks have asked about free or at least more cost-effective ways to watch CNBC programming. While you won't find a free stream of any cable news network (not a legal one anyhow), there a few ways to get content from CNBC as a cord cutter.
If you want a live feed of the CNBC channel as well as access to exclusive content, the cheapest approach is to sign up for CNBC pro for $29/month or $299.99/year. But that isn't necessarily the best value...
With Sling TV with the Sling Blue + News Extra add on you'll get a live stream of CNBC and many other cable news channels along with 50+ other live entertainment and sports channels for just $35/month.
If you're looking to spend a lot less you can try Peacock for just $40/year with a 20% off Black Friday discount but you'll only be able to access select clips from CNBC shows.
Have a question about cordcutting that you'd like answered? Send us a note and you may see your question in an upcoming issue of Cord Cutting This Week!
SHORT CUTS > Best Cord Cutting Gifts Under $50 & $100, & More
Most weeks there's more news than we can cram into this email. Thankfully 'short cuts' delivers the cord-cutting news and deals we didn't have room for, including:
WHAT'S ON > Must-See OTA TV
As always, there's lots of great TV coming to you FREE with an antenna this week including:
- Enjoy the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas - November 27th @ 8:00 p.m. ET on NBC
- Followed by the Minions Holiday Special - November 27th @ 8:30 p.m. ET on NBC
- Or tune in to Frosty the Snowman and Frosty Returns - November 27th @ 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS
- Followed by the CBS Sunday Morning weekday special 'The Pet Project' - November 27th @ 9:00 p.m. ET on CBS
- Check out The Disney Holiday Singalong - November 30th @ 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC
- Followed by the CMA Country Christmas - November 30th @ 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC
- Enjoy the classic Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer - December 1st @ 8:00 p.m. on CBS
- Canadians can check out the special Home for the Holidays - December 1st @ 10:00 p.m. on CityTV
- SEAL Team returns for season 4 - December 2nd @ 9:00 p.m. ET on CBS/Global
- Tune into the Christmas in Rockefeller Center special (note - the owl will not be making a cameo) - December 2nd @ 8:00 p.m. ET on NBC
- Followed by the Radio City Christmas Spectacular Special - December 2nd @ 10:00 p.m. ET on NBC
- Catch The Voice Holiday Celebration - December 3rd @ 8:00 p.m. ET on NBC
Don't forget to regularly check the TV SHOWS > PREMIERING and TV SHOWS > GENRES > HOLIDAY on your Tablo app to find and set new and old favorites to record.
CANADIAN CORNER > Save 25% Off Crave
Along with the Black Friday deals above, Canadians can enjoy 25% off annual subscriptions to Crave.
With a new season of Letterkenny dropping on Christmas Day, it's time to pitter-patter on this deal.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of Cord Cutting This Week!
If you know someone who may be interested in cutting the cord on cable or satellite, please feel free to forward this newsletter to them or use the handy share buttons at the top of this email. Make sure to ask them to sign up as well!