Happy Friday Cord Cutters!
This week we have a Q&A on pausing live antenna TV, deals, short cuts, must-see TV, and more!
As always, if you know of someone who might need some insight or help with cutting the cord on cable or satellite, please forward our newsletter, or use the handy share buttons at the top of this email.
OK... now let's get to it!
Q&A > How Can I Pause Live TV?
This week's question comes from Paul who says, "One of the things I miss since cutting cable and putting up an antenna is pausing live TV. Is there a way to add that to my antenna?"
When the dog needs to go out or you need a snack, it's so handy to be able to pause live TV. For those accustomed to the convenience of a cable or satellite DVR like Paul, its absence can be frustrating.
Thankfully, there are a few ways you can add the ability to pause live antenna TV to your cord cutting setup.
If your budget is tight, simply connecting an inexpensive flash drive to many Smart TV models can add pause functionality. (Check with the manufacturer of your Smart TV for details.) But if you're willing to spend a bit more, you can get pause, rewind, recording, and many more features by connecting your antenna to an Over-the-Air DVR like Tablo.
Have a question about cord cutting that you'd like answered? Send us a note and you may see your question in an upcoming issue of Cord Cutting This Week!
DEALS > Save on Refurbished Tablo DVRs & More
This week's deals on cord cutting gear and services include:
SHORT CUTS > The Weather Channel Launches Streaming Service, & More
'Short Cuts' delivers all the cord-cutting news you need to know about, including:
WHAT'S ON > Must-See OTA TV
As always, there's lots of great TV coming to you FREE with an antenna this week including:
- Catch the special Together As One: Celebrating Asian American, Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander Heritage - May 27th @ 11:30 p.m. ET on ABC
- America's Got Talent returns for season 17 - May 31st @ 8:00 p.m. ET on NBC/CityTV
- Followed by the new reality competition show Dancing With Myself - May 31st @ 10:00 p.m. ET on NBC/CTV
- Tune in to the premiere of Nancy Drew spinoff series Tom Swift - May 31st @ 9:00 p.m. ET on CW
- Enjoy the 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee Finals - June 2nd @ 8:00 p.m. ET on Bounce/ION
- Or the special Her Majesty: The Queen - June 2nd @ 10:00 p.m. ET on CBS (June 3rd @ 1:00 p.m. ET on Global)
Don't forget to regularly check the TV SHOWS > PREMIERING tab on your Tablo app to find and set new and old favorites to record.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of Cord Cutting This Week!
If you know someone who may be interested in cutting the cord on cable or satellite, please feel free to forward this newsletter to them or use the handy share buttons at the top of this email. Make sure to ask them to sign up as well!
If you have any feedback about the newsletter, hit reply and let us know or send us a message on social media.
The Tablo Team
P.S. - Remember to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for up-to-the minute Tablo news and industry updates.