Happy Friday Cord Cutters!
This week we have a Q&A on streaming stick power requirements, deals, short cuts, must-see TV, and more!
As always, if you know of someone who might need some insight or help with cutting the cord on cable or satellite, please forward our newsletter, or use the handy share buttons at the top of this email.
OK... now let's get to it!
Q&A > Why Is My Streaming Stick Suddenly Acting Up?
This week's question comes from Kent who says, "We recently re-arranged our living room and switched how our streaming stick was set up. It's now powered by the USB port on the TV instead of a power bar to reduce clutter but now it seems to be acting up all the time. Is the USB port on the TV defective?"
Over the last few years, streaming sticks have become a lot more powerful. For that reason, it's generally recommended that you avoid relying on the USB port of your TV for power. Even if the port is working correctly it may not provide enough juice for your streaming stick. Some streaming sticks even provide a warning if that's the case.
Not having enough power could even cause the streaming stick to 'brick' during a software update.
Kent didn't really describe his setup or the specific problems he's running into, but the solution is pretty clear. It's time to break out the power bar again. A powered USB hub is an alternative, but you'd still need to plug that in.
Have a question about cord cutting that you'd like answered? Send us a note and you may see your question in an upcoming issue of Cord Cutting This Week!
DEALS > Sale on Refurbished Tablo DVRs & More
This week's deals on cord cutting gear and services include:
SHORT CUTS > New Fire TV Cube and Remote Borrow from Competitors, & More
'Short Cuts' delivers all the cord-cutting news you need to know about, including:
WHAT'S ON > Must-See OTA TV
As fall TV premiere season continues, there's lots of great TV coming to you FREE with an antenna this week including:
- Miles Teller hosts and Kendrick Lamar performs when Saturday Night Live returns for its 48th season - October 1st @ 11:30 p.m. ET on NBC/Global
- Tune in to season 33 of America's Funniest Home Videos - October 2nd @ 7:00 p.m. ET on ABC/CHCH
- Canadians can check out a night of season premieres with Heartland, The Great Canadian Baking Show, and Moonshine - October 2nd starting @ 7:00 p.m. ET on CBC
- The Equalizer is back for season 3 - October 2nd @ 8:30 p.m. ET on CBS/Global
- Followed by the series premiere of East New York - October 2nd @ 9:30 p.m. ET on CBS/CTV
- Catch the US premiere of Family Law - October 2nd @ 8:00 p.m. ET on CW
- Followed by season 4 of Coroner - October 2nd @ 9:00 p.m. ET on CW
- The Good Doctor returns for season 6 - October 3rd @ 10:00 p.m. on ABC/CTV
- Enjoy the new documentary series Making Black America: Through the Grapevine - October 4th @ 9:00 p.m. ET on PBS
- Check out the new reality show The Real Love Boat - October 5th @ 9:00 p.m. ET on CBS (10:00 p.m. on Global)
- Or catch season 3 of Kung Fu - October 5th @ 9:00 p.m. ET on CW
- Walker returns for season 3 - October 6th @ 8:00 p.m. ET on CW
- Followed by its prequel spinoff Walker Independence - October 6th @ 9:00 p.m. ET on CW
- Or enjoy a full night of drama with premieres of Station 19, Grey's Anatomy, and the new show Alaska Daily - October 6th starting @ 8:00 p.m. on ABC/TV
Don't forget to regularly check the TV SHOWS > PREMIERING tab on your Tablo app to find and set new and old favorites to record.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of Cord Cutting This Week!
If you know someone who may be interested in cutting the cord on cable or satellite, please feel free to forward this newsletter to them or use the handy share buttons at the top of this email. Make sure to ask them to sign up as well!
If you have any feedback about the newsletter, hit reply and let us know or send us a message on social media.
The Tablo Team
P.S. - Remember to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for up-to-the minute Tablo news and industry updates.