Whole-Home DVR Makes It Easy for Cord-Cutters to Access Live and Recorded TV
OTTAWA, ON — May 20, 2014 — Nuvyyo today announced availability of Tablo, the new DVR that lets cord-cutters access free local HDTV broadcast programs on any device, anytime, anywhere in the world. NewEgg.com and NewEgg.ca are now accepting orders for the Tablo 2-Tuner DVR. The Tablo 4-Tuner DVR model will be available in June.
The perfect accompaniment to over-the-top (OTT) streaming video, Tablo delivers live and recorded Over-The-Air (OTA) programming from an HDTV antenna to any connected device, for a crystal clear high-definition TV viewing experience.
“With approximately 10 percent of cable subscribers planning to cut the cord this year*, many are looking for a simple, cost-effective solution to supplement their Over-The-Top content from Netflix and Hulu with live television,” said Grant Hall, CEO at Nuvyyo. “Tablo gives TV lovers the DVR functionality they know with an easy-to-use interface to enjoy local programming whenever they want on whatever device they want.”
How Tablo Works
The Tablo DVR plugs into any HDTV antenna to capture free broadcast network programming including local news and sports within the United States and Canada. Unlike traditional DVRs that are plugged into one TV, Tablo is a whole-home DVR that streams live and recorded HDTV content to any connected device inside your home as well as anywhere you have internet.
Tablo takes the fear out of cord-cutting by making it easy to browse, record and stream live, local TV broadcast programs in full HD quality.
Key features include:
- Watch, pause and record live HDTV: Skip commercials, schedule recordings by series (only new episodes or all episodes), or by episode and manage existing recordings
- Record/Stream up to four different programs simultaneously: 2-Tuner model handles two programs; 4-Tuner model (available in June) handles four programs
- Flexible Local Storage for Recordings: USB port supports external hard drives up to 2 TB
- Intuitive Program Guide: Easily browse and search via touchscreen tablet interface, web-based app or Roku app
- Compatible with all mobile devices: Native apps for Apple and Android tablets; web-based app for smartphones and computers
- Watch on the big screen TV: Works with AppleTV, Roku or Chromecast
- Flexible setup: Embedded dual-band Wi-Fi for connecting to the router wirelessly if required
Pricing and Availability
Tablo 2-Tuner DVRs are now available via NewEgg.com and NewEgg.ca with an MSRP of $219.99 USD or $249.99 CAD. Once available, the 4-Tuner Tablo DVR will have an MSRP of $289.99 US or $319.99 CAD. All units receive 1 month of free program guide data. Thereafter, an optional program guide data subscription is available directly via TabloTV.com for $4.99 US/month, $49.99 US/year, or $149.99 US/lifetime.
Nuvyyo, based in Ottawa, Canada, was founded in 2010 with the vision of reinventing the home media experience in the post-PC era for consumers in the U.S. and Canada. Building on its first mobile media streaming system, the company has launched Tablo, the broadcast TV system that combines the functionality of a DVR with the convenience and mobility of a tablet app, making it easy to browse watch and record free over-the-air (OTA) HDTV anywhere, anytime, on any device. For more information, visit www.tablotv.com.