Ever since the original release of Tablo TV, Nuvyyo has been addressing launch bugs by providing incremental updates. Back in July, they added additional features such as manual recordings, Closed Captioning support and Plex support. Yesterday, Tablo TV released their 2.1.16 update with some new features that makes this little box one of the best OTA DVRs out there:
- Smart Scheduling – This prevents your Tablo from recording duplicate shows. Previously, if you set Tablo TV to record all shows, it would do just that, even if the show had already been recorded. This is a great feature if you are trying to capture all those Big Bang Theory shows 🙂
- Auto Extend Live Recordings – Recordings that are marked as “live” (think sports and specials) will automatically be extended. Tablo will add 50% of the total scheduled time, up to 2 hours. No more missing the rest of the Bears game!
- Auto Delete – Oldest recordings will be automatically deleted, unless they are marked as protected.
- Resume Playback for Recordings – This is a big one for cross device usage. Tablo TV will now remember where you stopped watching a show and then resume on a different device. For example, you start watching a show on your Roku in the Living Room. You decide to head upstairs for the night and grab your iPad/Android tablet. The show will then resume playing where you stopped on your Roku. Tablo states that that this works on all platforms that they support!
- Watched Indicator – You now have the ability to mark shows as watched. Unwatched episodes will be designated by a blue dot, partially watched episodes by a partial blue dot and watched episodes will have no indicator. Watched indicator will be available on iOS, web and Roku only.
Overall, a very impressive update for a box that has only been on the market less than six months! Tablo has also announced expanded distribution with BestBuy.com and FutureShop.ca.