Today, the popular Tablo DVRs for your antenna are getting a brand new DVR with a built-in 128GB hard drive and the ability to add external hard drives for additional storage. This is a new two-tuner whole-home OTA DVR that will also now offer content recommendations.
The big new feature here is that Tablo will also add live free streaming channels into its live TV guide. There is also a new app. New Tablo apps are available on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV/Google TV and iOS mobile platforms as well as most smart TVs and mobile devices. Apple TV, Samsung and Vizio are expected to be added later this year.
“Consumers struggling with inflation are looking for more affordable ways to enjoy live sports, local news and must-watch TV events,” said Grant Hall, CEO of Nuvyyo. “With a live TV guide that spans the best in live broadcast TV and free live streaming content, one-touch series recording as well as customized content recommendations, Tablo has evolved beyond a way to enhance your antenna TV experience to an affordable portal to free TV without a subscription.”
This new Tablo DVR sells for $99.95 on Tablo’s website.
Here is how Tablo describes its new Tablo OTA DVR:
The new Tablo solution features:
- Whole-home connectivity – One Tablo device delivers live and recorded TV wirelessly to any screen in your home, including smart TVs, streaming devices, smartphones and tablets, via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- TV antenna placement optimization – The new Tablo mobile app helps consumers set up an antenna and Tablo device, so they get the best reception and most channels possible for their home’s location to broadcast towers.
- Flexible recording storage options – The Tablo hardware features 128GB of onboard storage for over 50 hours of HD recording capacity right out of the box. Consumers can expand recording capacity by up to 1,000 HD hours thanks to support for USB hard drives up to 8TB.
- Free robust guide data and content discovery – Along with episode and series synopses, cover art and metadata for programs airing over the next two weeks, Tablo’s rich guide data drives powerful yet easy-to-use advanced DVR features including:
- One-touch series recording
- Advanced recording options
- Automatic extended recording time on sports and other live events
- Automatic avoidance of duplicate recordings
- And much more
- Apps for every device – Tablo apps make it easy for TV lovers to watch, pause and record network broadcast TV and free live streaming channels on:
- Streaming media devices from Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV
- Smart TVs running Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV Operating Systems
- iOS/Android smartphones and tablets