Happy Friday Cord Cutters!
This week we have a Q&A on re-using wiring from satellite television, deals, short cuts, must-see TV, and more!
As always, if you know of someone who might need some insight or help with cutting the cord on cable or satellite, please forward our newsletter, or use the handy share buttons at the top of this email.
OK... now let's get to it!
Q&A > Can I Re-Use My DirecTV Wiring?
This week's question comes from Laura who says, "Can I use the same wiring from DirecTV to the televisions for an antenna? Are the cables the same?"
If you currently have satellite television like Laura, it's super easy to ditch the dish and put an Over-the-Air TV antenna in its place. The cabling is indeed compatible and the mounting bracket on your roof likely is as well.
Once you've disconnected your dish and selected a TV antenna appropriate for your location, all you'd need to do is mount it to the bracket, aim it towards your local broadcast towers, and connect it to the existing coaxial cabling. This cabling will already run through your home to your televisions.
At that end, you'll need to disconnect the cabling from the DirecTV boxes and connect it to the antenna input on your TV (or Over-the-Air DVR), and run a channel scan to bring in your local Over-the-Air TV channels.
Have a question about cord cutting that you'd like answered? Send us a note and you may see your question in an upcoming issue of Cord Cutting This Week!
DEALS > Sale on Refurbished Tablo DVRs & More
This week's deals on cord cutting gear and services include:
SHORT CUTS > New Chromecast with Google TV Hits Shelves, & More
'Short Cuts' delivers all the cord-cutting news you need to know about, including:
WHAT'S ON > Must-See OTA TV
As fall TV premiere season begins, there's lots of great TV coming to you FREE with an antenna this week including:
- Shark Tank returns for season 14 - September 23rd @ 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC/CTV
- Canadians can enjoy season 3 of Transplant - September 23rd @ 9:00 p.m. ET on CTV
- And the season 5 premiere of Hudson & Rex - September 25th @ 8:00 p.m. ET on CityTV
- Catch Celebrity Jeopardy! and Celebrity Wheel of Fortune - September 25th @ starting at 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC/CTV
- Followed by the season 5 premiere of The Rookie - September 25th @ 10:00 p.m. ET on ABC/CTV
- FOX's Sunday animation lineup returns with season premiere episodes of The Simpsons, The Great North, Bob's Burgers, and Family Guy - September 25th starting @ 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX
- Van der Valk on Masterpiece returns for season 2 - September 25th @ 9:00 p.m. ET on PBS
- Bachelor in Paradise is back for season 8 - September 27th @ 8:00 p.m. ET on ABC/CityTV
- Followed by the premiere of the spin-off series The Rookie: Feds - September 27th @ 10:00 p.m. ET on ABC/CTV
- La Brea returns for its second season - September 27th @ 9:00 p.m. ET on NBC/CTV
- Catch an evening of premieres with new seasons of Young Sheldon, Ghosts, So Help Me Todd (NEW), and CSI: Vegas - September 29th starting @ 8:00 p.m. ET on CBS/CTV or Global
- Or check out new seasons of Hell's Kitchen, Welcome to Flatch, and Call me Kat - September 29th starting at 8:00 p.m. ET on FOX/CTV or CHCH
Don't forget to regularly check the TV SHOWS > PREMIERING tab on your Tablo app to find and set new and old favorites to record.
We hope you enjoyed this edition of Cord Cutting This Week!
If you know someone who may be interested in cutting the cord on cable or satellite, please feel free to forward this newsletter to them or use the handy share buttons at the top of this email. Make sure to ask them to sign up as well!
If you have any feedback about the newsletter, hit reply and let us know or send us a message on social media.
The Tablo Team
P.S. - Remember to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook for up-to-the minute Tablo news and industry updates.